Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How time is NOT flying...or is it?

Holy busy-ness.  We have been going going going and yet, it doesn't feel like that much time has passed.  Well what have you been doing you ask.  Well I'll tell you I say.  We moved into a new place, which is almost directly across the street from our first place.  It was a little sad to say goodbye to our first place we lived together, but maybe it's just the hormones, and anytime I feel nostalgic I suppose I can just look out the window.  We were so excited to find this place we maybe jumped into it a little too quickly.  My parents came out to help us move and after they had slept here for a couple nights we realized we had a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed.  So the last three weeks have been filled with handymen, plumbers, and a little bit of elbow grease.  I'm happy to say it's much better.  I feel a lot better about not getting carbon monoxide poisoning while I'm sleeping in our pitch black cave of a room.  Which is good because it's been COLD!  And I'm not just whining, it snowed in Burbank.  I know right? 
Last weekend Brian, Steve's brother, came up and helped us move the furniture into the baby's room.  So fun!  She now has a crib, dresser, bookcase (from Ikea that me and my HUGE belly put together all by ourselves and only managed to put only one thing on permanently upside down) and a glider my wonderful sister gave us.  I'll put pictures up when it get's closer to being done.  So we've been super busy but I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.  I think this is some funny game God is playing with me.  I've never been a particularly patient person, just ask Steve.  So what could be worse than having to wait all this time.  Each day is a new kind of torture.  This better be making me a better person.  And if I'm doing my part of the bargain this little girl better do her's and be here on time...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Renee must have told you I was hoping for a new post from you. Kind of fun following your story from a written viewpoint!
    Oh, heads up... the last month BEFORE she's here takes forever. But once she arrives, time flies! Believe it or not, you might even miss her kicking you in the throat! :o)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete